CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Assignment #8

Hey my fellow bloggers! My History teacher, Mrs. Pollock, decided to give us an assignment about Louis Riel. In this assignment, Mrs. Pollock asked us (students) to make up an imaginary interview with Louis Riel. I Hope you guys will enjoy reading mine!

Fatema: Good morning everybody and welcome to the, History Fatema Show!

(Audience claps)

Fatema: For today's show, their will be a huge surprise. Today, I will be interviewing a Canadian hero. This man is a Canadian Politician. He is the founder of the province, Manitoba, and the leader of the Metes people of the Canadian prairies. This man, whether he is a father of confederation or a traitor, he will always be the most controversial figure in the history of Canada. Everybody, please give a warm welcome to, Louis Riel!

(audience stands on their feet and clap, while Louis enters the stage)

Fatema: Good morning Louis Riel ( Fatema shakes Louis Riel's hand)

(Audience, Louis, and Fatema sit in their chairs)

Louis Riel: Good morning to you too and to our great audience.

(Audience claps then stops)

Fatema: I am so happy to have you here, on my very stage.

Louis Riel: Well, Thank you. I am happy to be here.

Fatema: Louis, I am very excited to have you here and, I also have some questions I would like to ask you.

Louis Riel: I will be honored to answer your questions.

Fatema: Well, thank you. My first question is, at one time, Alexandre-Antonin Tache, who is a priest, had wanted you to join him and become a priest as well. Why did you abandon that idea?

Louis Riel: I believe, at that time, my father past away and, I needed to provide for my family. I didn't think becoming a priest will help me or my family so, I decided to become a law- office clerk in, 1865.

Fatema: OK. Well, great answer. On November of 1869, you decided to write a, List of Rights, preceding the entry of Manitoba into confederation. What were some of the rights you wrote down and, why did you choose to write this list?

Louis Riel: Wow! Um, that was a long time ago but, I believe some of the things I wrote down was having the right to elect, English and French should be used by the government,
all documents and acts should be written in French, um...have a fair representation of the Parliament, and have transfer be respected. To be honest, I believe their was more, it's just it's been a long time since, 1869.

Fatema: I believe you and, that's ok. Were just glad that you could make it here. Right guys?( Audience chants, yes)

Fatema: Louis, at one point, you established a provisional government. Why?

Louis Riel: It was a response to pressures from the United States for Red River to become part of the Union and, that payed off because later on, after I fought with the United States, I helped bring Manitoba into confederation with Canada.

(audience claps)

Fatema: For the death of, Thomas Scott (violent and racist man), you were banished to the United States for five years. Was that a difficult time for you?

Louis Riel: It was definitely not a easy time in my life. I went through depression, mixed with states of utter euphoria. I felt insane and I hope that never occurs to me or anybody else ever again.

Fatema: For my last question, Reil, In the spring of 1883, weeks after becoming an American Citizen, you accepted a teaching position at the Catholic mission of St. Peter's on Montana's Sun River. Why did you decide to take that job?

Louis Riel: Well, I enjoy teaching and it's one of my hobbies but, the job was paying poorly and the hours were too long to allow me to pursue my other interests like relegion, poetry, and politics.

Fatema: Well, Mr. Riel, It is the end of our segment. I hope you had a great time with us and, I hope your days will always be great. Thank you for coming.

Louis Riel: Actually, thank you for having me. I had a great time. You had great questions and I hope my answers didn't bore you or the audience.

Fatema: Of course not and thankyou once again. (Fatema shakes hands with Louis Riel and, audience claps)

Fatema: It's been a great time everbody. I hope you and the viewers at home enjoyed this segment. Have a great day! (Fatema and Louis Riel exit the stage)

Check out these websites to learn more about, Louis Riel:
http://www.shsb.mb.ca/Riel/indexenglish.htm

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/confederation/023001-2390-e.html

http://library2.usask.ca/northwest/background/riel.htm

1 comments:

Auguste said...

Yo can you follow mine?